Welcome to Natural Selection.
The shop is located in the heart of MidTown in Reno, Nevada. We created the store as an outreach of our love for everything natural. The beauty of nature shows in everything we sell, from rare succulents and houseplants to archivally preserved animal specimens.
Here's what we believe:
- Everything is in its natural state. No Faux or human hand on our items.
- Natural flora and fauna are shown as they meant to be.
- Everything is treated with respect and admiration.
- The unique and bizarre are only revered here. Nature is more strange than we could ever dream.
- Changing inventory and ethically sourced items in all cases. This means animal products are all sourced as leftovers from hunters, trappers, or farms. They're also found through estates and private collectors.
- We do our best to make sure all items are humanely sourced and that all vintage items and taxidermy is properly documented and collected.
- Our passion translates into everything we do. We hope you'll find something that gives you the same joy it gives us.
We've been highlighted in some nice articles nationally, Like USA today and Sunset magazine. Here's a couple links, and they also tell our story pretty well.